Citizen Charter of Trading Corporation of Bangladesh
Mission: To run the organization commercially and sometimes intervening the market during sky rocketing of price of essential commodities or crisis period or during some special events (like the holy Ramadan or disaster) with a view to keeping it within the reach of general mass.
- To carry on business of imports and exports in accordance with the policy of the Government.
- To arrange for the sale and distribution of the imported/locally procured goods and to appoint dealers etc. for this purpose as per Government directives.
- Monitoring of prices of essential commodities in the local market vis-a-prices in the international market.
- Market intervention during price hike in the local market.
- To do all other acts and things connected with or ancillary thereto.
- Dealing: TCB officials to be honest sincere, courteous, helpful and professional in their dealing with the people.
- Contact in writing: Letters to be responded within 15 days.
- Pension cases: Pension cases to be disposed of within 30 days from the date of receipt of documents.
- Monthly Payment of Pensioners: Regular monthly payment of the pensioners is to be, completed within first week of the month.
- Reporting: Reporting daily market price of essential commodities is to be made before 1 P.M. to all concerned including the website.
- Opening Letter of Credit & Negotiation of Documents: Before advising L/C, the tenders be given the option to choose their Bankers where they feel comfortable to negotiate the documents.
- Dispute Settlement of Shipping Documents: If there arise any minor dispute in the shipping documents, the matter is to be settled as early as possible so that the supplier does not incure any loss in getting their payment.
- Acceptance of vessel by Insurance Company: Soon after receipt nomination of vessel, the same is to be referred to the Sadharan Bima Corporation within two days for early acceptance of the vessel, so that the supplier can maintain the shipment schedule property.
- Payment of Bills: All kinds of bills is to be paid within seven working days upon receipt from the section concerned.
- Import and Local Purchase: Decision regarding any import and local purchase is to be taken within the time frame specified in Tender documents and to be communicated to the Tenderer within two working days after decision is made.
- Tender Evaluation: Tender evaluation is to be made strictly as per terms and conditions of the tender award is to be given accordingly.
- Release of Earnest Money and Performance Guarantee: Earnest Money and Performance Guarantee to be released as per provision of PPR-2003.
- Appointment of Dealers or any other service providers: To be given on the basis of prefixed criteria.
- Quality of Goods: The quality of goods (imported or purchased locally) should be strictly maintained as per specification mentioned in the tender schedule and the same standard is to be maintained in the supply chain.
- Complaint: Any Complaint raised by the consumers, dealers, suppliers and others to be addressed immediately.
- Feedback: Any comment or suggestion made by any quarter regarding quality of goods and services delivered by TCB should be taken into consideration for the improvement of the organization.
- Transparency: All activities of TCB will be transparent. All tender notices are to be published in National Dailies, TCB’s website (www.tcb.gov.bd) as well as CPTU’s Website.
- Price List: Price List to be hung in front of all Sale Centers (Fixed or Mobile) in the form of Banner.
- Accountability: Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee who violates the rules and regulations of the organization.
Trading Corporation of Bangladesh